Sign in to follow this  
Mind Thrower

Assign attribute to group parts after boolean.

Mind Thrower    17

Hi!

Can't figure out how to assign attribute to different group parts that boolean made. I have a cylinder with some cylinders rotated and transformed like a tree branches. They intersect with main cylinder. After subtracting them from main cylinder "trunk", there are abseams edge group created.

How to assign attribute for each loop(I mean all loops has one attribute but with different values for each loop - 1, 2, 3...etc)? Or how can i create separate group for each loop?

This is for purpose to scale/transform them from center of loop in foreach, to affect them all at the same time.

groups_separate.jpg

Houdini7    2

Why don't you transform your original tubes ? The changes will affect the resulting holes. You can change every tube seperately and the transformation is correct around the center.

pic1.thumb.PNG.f6ef5b70b1515c40d8022aeda3c3601c.PNGpic2.thumb.PNG.d4e862a22df148e97d56e317d61821ea.PNG

Houdini7    2

You could try with one boolean per tube, so you would have separate abseams groups (you can name them differently). Then you would have one group for each seam.