Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ParticleSkull

Volume Velocity to Mesh?

Hey guys, I'm growing some objects using volumes (scene is attached) and I'd like to have motion blur on the moving/growing areas.

I do have some velocity on the volume, in order to control it's growing direction, but i have no idea on how to transfer it to the mesh itself.

here's how the setup looks like:

lw7C95L.jpg

7AeZLlj.gif

K68BqAr.gif

Thx

Volume.Growth.Velocity.v1a.hiplc

1 person likes this

Wow, never heard of it :D

Will check it right now, thx!

1 person likes this

HI, I think it's possible to sample velocity from volume with "Volume Sample Vector" vop or with volume wrangle
smtn like this v@v = volumesamplev(1, "vel", @P);
must be faster than attrib from volume

Edited by Deviner
1 person likes this

Thx @Deviner! The Attribute from Volume did transfered that velocity to the mesh but doesn't work as I expected (for some obvious reasons the static part of the mesh was getting velocity as well)
I can't test what said right now but i'll do it first thing in the morning. Thx man

Cheers,
Alvaro

Volume.Growth.Velocity.v1b.hiplc

Hello ParticleSkull,

You can use what @Deviner said and  build a mask to ensure that only the moving part will get the velocity :

- To buid the mask you can use on one side your original geo and color it white with a color node and then on another side timeshift one frame back your geo and color it black. You can then use an attribute transfer from the black (your mesh with one frame back) to the white (your original mesh) so only the new growing points will be white from frame to frame.

- then just use an if statement to transfer your velocity :

if(@Cd.x>0.1)

{

v@v = volumesamplev(1, "vel", @P);

}

else

{

v@v={0,0,0};

}

2 people like this

For motion blur just drop down a Trail inside of geo1, right after you rename vel to v, to compute velocity. You can scale it as well at that point.

Edited by Atom
2 people like this