Motion Graphics made with Cinema 4D and X-Particles

CAMP_2016_Behind_The_Scenes_on_626475235.mp4

Very nice piece in my opinion by Raw & Rendered! Inspiring.

I believe the technique is related to curl noise and many examples I found in this forum.

However, I am particular interested in this setup where the curl noise is actually controlled by guide curves/circles. Also interested in how the spheres are randomly scattered on the curves and flows with the motion.

I have attached the actual references for the frames.

I am very new to Houdini and love procedural. Have been experimenting with wrangler nodes, sops, vops and etc.

It would be great if anyone could share the approach on creating a piece like this.

Looking forward to your input.

Great community I found here.

CREDITS
Directed & Designed by
Raw & Rendered | Joey Camacho
rawandrendered.com

Special Thanks to
Maxon | Cinema 4D - maxon.net
Insydium | X-Particles - 3.x-particles.com/
Otoy | Octane Render - otoy.com

Music and SFX by
Jay Klos | soundcloud.com/jay-klos

Produced by
Olaf Blomerus | blmrs.com

CAMP Opening Titles and behind the scenes.

Camp ref 001.PNG

Camp ref 002.PNG

Camp ref 003.PNG

Edited by eyadorabi

Very pretty!

Similar things have been covered here before, here's a rebuild of one of those techniques.

Dunno how the c4d stuff is working, but this setup isn't controlling the paths by the dots, its the other way around; generate a volume of curl noise, scatter points, trace lines in the volume from those points, do stuff.

trails_thing.hipnc

trails_curves_stuff.gif.dd5e929c3d558d5d642834e0a2d3e5ca.gif

• Like 3

15 hours ago, mestela said:

Very pretty!

Similar things have been covered here before, here's a rebuild of one of those techniques.

Dunno how the c4d stuff is working, but this setup isn't controlling the paths by the dots, its the other way around; generate a volume of curl noise, scatter points, trace lines in the volume from those points, do stuff.

trails_thing.hipnc

Looks great! and can use the carve tool for layered extrusions. I think I will give it a shot adding control curves and pluging those into volume vop. I have been working on a setup yesterday and so far looking good. But I am very new to Houdini I am sure I will hit a wall somewhere :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2017 at 2:57 PM, mestela said:

Very pretty!

trails_thing.hipnc

Really nice! is it possible to do on a sphere so the lines wrap around??? I'm trying but cant come up with a way to do it. :)

• Like 3