Impact Data from Particular Object Id

Navneet Arora

Hello guys,

How can i use impact data when an object hits a particular object in my case a ground plane to break the constraints, For eg - i have certain glued objects falling on the ground , some of them are breaking in the air while they release due to impact generated while i want they should only break once they collide with the ground plane else their strength should remain -1. So how could i extract object id of ground and use that as an impact data.

In a sop solver, you get an impacts node. Each point in there depicts one impact in your sim. There's also data on that point which will tell you who collided with what. 

I don't remember the name of the point attribute that corresponds to who impacted with who, but it's there. I think it is called objid and otherobjid. I'd take a look but I'm not near my computer.

that should get you started. I can make an example hip for you later if it's still opaque. This stuff is a bit tricky and hidden.

Just now, rich_lord said:

In a sop solver, you get an impacts node. Each point in there depicts one impact in your sim. There's also data on that point which will tell you who collided with what. 

I don't remember the name of the point attribute that corresponds to who impacted with who, but it's there. I think it is called objid and otherobjid. I'd take a look but I'm not near my computer.

that should get you started. I can make an example hip for you later if it's still opaque. This stuff is a bit tricky and hidden.

yes i found out, it is objid