Jump to content
julca

edge divide Question

Recommended Posts

julca    12

Hello, I would like to subdivise my object but I don't know How to do it properly :blink: (cf. screenshot).

I've joined my really simple mesh (divideEdge.bgeo.sc).

Thank you

Julien

edgeDivide.jpg

divideEdge.bgeo.sc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
julca    12

Hello @Houdini7, loop selection or even fastidious manual selection still give me bad result :(

edgeDivide_02.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Houdini7    2
17 minutes ago, julca said:

Hello @Houdini7, loop selection or even fastidious manual selection still give me bad result :(

 

 

In your case it is easier to use Edge Loop like this:

EdgeLoop.gif

Edited by Houdini7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
julca    12

Oh yes ! That's a better way.

I still need 4 selections for each polysplit SOP instead of a unique "real working like in any other 3d app" edgedivide SOP with one set of edges..

Anyway, it do the job for this time, Thank you for your time !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Houdini7    2
14 hours ago, julca said:

Oh yes ! That's a better way.

I still need 4 selections for each polysplit SOP instead of a unique "real working like in any other 3d app" edgedivide SOP with one set of edges..

Anyway, it do the job for this time, Thank you for your time !

 

You are looking for this then (use Subdiv SOP and OpenSubdiv Bilinear Algo):

 

Subdiv.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
julca    12

That's a way but you need to manually select and delete some edges before and then apply uniformly opensubdiv.

Also, it don't suit my need because I need more subdiv in one direction. Your solution you've post just before are the best in my case.

But it's a method that's good to know, thank you ;) !

 

ps: Is there someone that's build its own edgedivide SOP which work with any selection order ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LaidlawFX    139

A warning about OpenSubdiv Bilinear it will crash frequently on complex geometry, and SideFX can't do much about it because it's the open source code that can't handle it. 

I've also used the tool @michaelb-01 made too a couple times.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
julca    12
8 minutes ago, LaidlawFX said:

A warning about OpenSubdiv Bilinear it will crash frequently on complex geometry, and SideFX can't do much about it because it's the open source code that can't handle it.

 

Ok, Thank you for the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×