Textures to Maya not working

sub

Hey there.

Great forum, I´m around a bit already, but no problem i didn´t find. Until now.

I created a Digital Asset in Houdini which i import into Maya. Within Houdini i create UVs which stick to rotating geo. I generated some text which within a COP-net which lives within the asset. Everything is working fine within Houdini. But when i import into Maya I´ve the problem that the two shaders which i assigned are there, but the Texture Reference from COPs gets lost. I also set relative paths already. I tried with the Principled Shader in MAT-Context and also with a classicshadercore within a materialbuilder. The uvs in Maya are still there. Is there a specific worklflow to get something like this working?

First export to Maya ever, so struggeling a little bit. Please also see the images attached. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Elmar

houdini.png

mat.png

maya1.png

I solved it by attaching groups instead of materials and transferring them to Maya. There the user can attach his custom material. But that functionality as mentioned above woudl be nice nonetheless. Thanks anyway, everyone.

I also posted in the SESI forum where i got an answer. If anyone has the same problem, the answer (including .hda file) can be found here https://sidefx.com/forum/topic/50963/ .  Problem is that you have to use SHOP context, not material context and you need a dummy-parm because maya does not update it´s viewport.

Hopefully it´s helpful for somebody.

Cheers,

Elmar

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 2017. 7. 27. at 12:17 AM, sub said:

I solved it by attaching groups instead of materials and transferring them to Maya. There the user can attach his custom material. But that functionality as mentioned above woudl be nice nonetheless. Thanks anyway, everyone.

Hello I am trying to send material Houdini to 3ds Max. 

3ds Max seems not take houdini shader (from SHOP).

Can you explain what is "attaching groups instead of materials" ? Is this mean using Group SOP  instead of Material SOP to get shader data?