Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Thomas Helzle

Unread Content - jump directly to latest post?

Hey,

I always start with the "Unread Content" view when visiting Odforce but am baffled that clicking on a post in the list does not transport me to that latest post but to the first page of the thread it's in.
I think I tried to click on everything but did not find a way to jump directly to the post that's show in the list.

Am I missing something or could this be improved to teleport me directly to the post shown?

Thank you very much!

Cheers,

Tom

Hey Tom

Yeah I know what you mean. I think it's a 'feature' of the forum. I can certainly look into it, but I'm not terribly hopeful :).

I see ;-)

Well, since basically the forum already shows the relevant post in the list, I had the hope that it would be "trivial" to derive the post number and create a link to it instead of just to the thread.

But I managed so far and won't die from doing so in the future ;-)

Would be great though!

Cheers and thanks,

Tom

You can just click the time bit - i.e. '5 minutes ago' and it goes to that post.

I hover over the icon (usually a solid circle or star) next to the OP avatar, a tooltip should pop up saying "go to first unread post"...
I then middleclick on it...

I just tried Marty's suggestion and it works. There's a new version of the forum out now that I'm testing, I'll see if it's more obvious there.