Extending Bottom of Particle Fluid Surface

evanrudefx

Hey!

I have a beach sim and I am generating a mesh from the particles using particle fluid surface. How can I take the bottom of meshed surface and move it down. In other words I would like to extend the bottom of the mesh downwards. I don't want to move the top, just the bottom.

Thanks.

Hey, you should have reply this to your other thread. If your mesh was like that right after you meshed your particles - and you did not do it yourself post-sim, you need to increase depth of your flip tank. That thin mesh with holes should not be fixed, it should never exist.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yon Anadeyo said:

Hey, you should have reply this to your other thread. If your mesh was like that right after you meshed your particles - and you did not do it yourself post-sim, you need to increase depth of your flip tank. That thin mesh with holes should not be fixed, it should never exist.

Yea, I was gonna delete the other post, but I forgot you can't delete posts on od :(. I just checked, the flip tank is definitely deep enough. The mesh doesn't have holes, its just that the bottom side of the flip mesh doesn't go below beach ground in some areas. If the mesh isn't like this, the water doesnt seem to render correctly. Only the top of the water mesh needs to be above the beach ground. The bottom side of the water mesh needs to be below.

testds.png

Edited by ejr32123

I found a way of extending the bottom. I used the beach ground geo extruded and converted it to a fog volume and used it as a mask on the particle fluid surface node. I used the dilate feature and limited it to the mask. The beach ground geo created a perfect mask at the bottom side of the flip mesh. Dilating expanded the bottom side downward while leaving the top side.

• Like 1