Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pasto

generating age on 'regular' points

Hello,

I am making points appear in a scene with an inverted delete (based on color) and I would like to store this appearance time. Is there any way of doing this ?

I guess I could use some kind of trigger in CHOP but I don't know where to 'send' it from chops in order to create a new attribute.

I tried in vop with age but I guess it is related to particles age attribute only, not to simple sop deleting action.

Many thanx.

J

Try with solver in SOP. and in a point wrangle or a vop create an attribute and add @timeInc (which is the frame/FPS) when your point get the right color.

The expression you use in the delete-node basically calculates the birth-frame. You might be able to calculate the age by subtracting that from the current time.

thx a lot Dominik and Martjin,

So is there a vex function that returns the 'point existing' information ?

Martin the expression in the delete is just something like @Cd.b < 0.1, is there anything returning the time of a delete action ?

I just need the points birth frame to trigger some other stuff.

Sorry if it is a bit confused.

Many thanx.

J

My excuses, my solution was not practical at all.

A solver is probably the best solution. I've added a simple example that makes the attribute life.

life+solver.hiplc

Very Nice Martjin, thanx a lot,

But the time information comes only from the hit time attribute generated by the pop collision, cleverly transferred to stamp or any other way of applying it.

I wish I could 'get' the time info of any point appearance, not just particles. I guess I can't avoid Chops…

Many thanx anyway, nice file.

use a sop solver to accumulate an attribute over time, it's not just age or time it comes in handy for a lot of things like rotating particles based on how far it's traveled