Alt + Control key shotcuts not working

Hi all,

I am suddenly having the 'alt' key issue on Mint 18.2 with Houdini 16.0.657.
Was fine until recently and it's driving me nuts! Have tried with an earlier build, but the problem persists.
I also noticed that I'm unable to control click on shelf items as well, for example to create a camera from the current view.

I have gone through a host of ways to disable the mouse+alt defaults in Cinnamon and gnome, but the issue still remains.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be the cause, or is anyone else experiencing this as well?

Matt.

Hey Goldleaf - nope, it seems the alt, control and even shift keys no longer work in the viewport and network editor of Houdini for shortcuts such as alt+drag to copy a node, control-clicking a shelf tool etc. I have since noticed that holding shift to add to or control to subtract from selections in the viewport no longer works either.

And Marty - have found that the same issue is present in CentOS 7 as well.

It would seem there was an update somewhere that has borked things... Most frustrating!

Matt.

For those experiencing these issues - in the changelog today:

Houdini 16.0.701

Fixed a Linux-only bug where modifier keys were ignored for clicks triggered by a tablet stylus.

Thanks SESI! Much appreciated! :D
Matt

• 1 year later...

for the alt click not working, we had the same issue on centos7. Fix it by going on linus > menu, window > behavious and you will see that special key to move and resize window is set to ALT. simply disable it. that fixed my issue.

Edited by ericsenecal

• 1 year later...