art3mis

Simple voronoi fracture-activation based on mass or density

Hi

Creating a simple voronoi fracture test with gravity.  I can achieve a 'staggered' top down activation, but what I would like instead is to have activation based on the size or density of individual fragments. Smaller pieces fall first followed by larger ones.

I assume some variation of this has been asked, solved previously but after a search didn't find anything.

Can anyone help?

voroni.png

Hey!

Yeah, look at the hip file I've attached. I'm using a sop solver with a single wrangle that gets piped into the rbd solver, post or pre solve, doesn't matter. 

If you are calculating mass in the rbd object, then you should have a good range of values to use in that wrangle. I'm just doing an animated float channel to determine whether or not a piece is active. 

Hope this helps!

RBD_Active_By_Mass.hiplc

• Like 1

You could also run your pieces through a for each with a measure sop set to area. That will give you a size attribute effectively. How you use it to execute what you want is next part. Maybe use in Hartman wrangle ( didn't look ). But using area, you could set your active in sops.

• Like 1