Revolve not updating normals

before I submit an RFE, could someone tell me if I'm missing something really obvious so I don't make a tool of myself....

Attached is a sample scene, a semicircle is revolved, you can see the normals aren't updated by the Revolve....I can't find anything in the Revolve...yes, it can be done in other ways like simply Copy Transform then Skin....but 'modelling' logically, you'd want to apply a Revolve and have the normals correctly updated by the Revolve op, surely that's not too much to ask........so....am I missing something ?

RFE_Revolve.hipnc

Hi, 

If you want to use the revolve It's possible compute the normals after and turning off the polyframe. the revolve creates new primitives/points and vertex from scratch that doesn't have Normal informations so the revolve copy the normal computed on the initial circle to the new faces, that's why they are different from the copySop method. Hope it helps!

Cheers,

Dam

I'm sure Revolve is one of those old modelling tools that could be rewritten. It's good practice that when you have [I can't believe Houdini doesn't do XYZ] to just send in an Rfe unless you want a work around.