Project mesh onto another mesh

AlanIhsan

Hello everyone, I'm fairly new to Houdini (I'm mainly a sculptor/modeler, ZBrush and Maya being my main tools), recently I've come to the idea of automating the majority of my tasks (because I've done A LOT and it's come to the point that I just don't want to do certain things again every single damn time).  So I'm thinking if there's some resources out there about projecting a high poly sculpt into a low poly one to automate the process of retopology (much like Wrap3 does).  

I'm certain it can be done in Houdini, and I do realize it would involve looping over the p attributes of the low poly mesh and approximating them to the high poly one, I just lack the technical savvy within Houdini to pull it off.  Any help on this would be amazing, thanks guys!

I saw something like this before here. However, depending on what you want, this is far from a trivial task, you'll have to know what you're doing. It's this thread 

, the petz post

Edited by vtrvtr