Spirited Away

Stremik

Nah. I agree with you that some stuff done over seas are just phenominal in terms of their story telling and such. Their culture and concept are just much different. I am very much interested in studying their works - especially the likes of Studio Ghibli, Square, Konami, bunch of others.

It'd be a really awesome as well if I can work on the visual effects sequence of Miyazaki's project. Yeah yeah yeah. I guess I am dreaming again...

That anime is so so so beautiful.

I've seen it once in Japanese DVD version one teacher show us in class.

It's so amazing, so I have to go out and see it again in theatre...

Super recommend!!!!!!

If you can find a Japanese DVD version you should see it too!

there will be one joke missing in a english subtitle.

one character will say a word "Good Luck" in English to Jihiro.

when you see in English sub. It just become normal word!

4 thumbs up hohoho

-cheers

tuang

It'd be a really awesome as well if I can work on the visual effects sequence of Miyazaki's project. Yeah yeah yeah. I guess I am dreaming again...

not necessairly...they've been doing 3D since princess mononoke....thing is they make it a point to fully integrate it with the rest of the animation....

...how's your japanese? ;)

besides, miyasaki's retiring after this one, so .....it's never gonna be the same anymore.....he WAS behind every frame, you know?

Cheers.

Just came home from the movie theatre.

Dear GOD! This is a real eye candy!

Money craving, narrow minded, talant lacking, lable produsing Hollywood never even came close to something like this.

First off, I have to note that I haven't seen this anime, "Sprited Away" (the title?), yet.

Secondly, I've never been a fan of anime, really. It are the stories and these always-returning cliches that kind of annoy me, mixed with the drawing style that doesn't really appeal to me.

(Since we are comparing anime's with Hollywood movies)

Thirdly, Hollywood doesn't lack tallent, Hollywood lacks style lately. Their only priority nowadays seems quantity instead of quality. Also, it's a bloody shame to see certain stories/concepts being reused and milked out. Like Terminator 3, I mean... I have discussed this over at other forums and how the hell could, story-wise, be a proper sequel been written for this? They don't realize they are going to spoil the rest of the films for people, when they see T3. Another example, The Matrix II. While The Matrix had quite a good story and special FX that mixed both very well, even older people liked The Matrix (which was something very few would've imagined). But then, you hear they are already working on the Matrix III aswell.... "Jesus!", the crazed out Calosus said.

I am not crazy about those typical-sex-crazed-no-style-no-story kind of anime. Only ones that is well written, well animated, beautifully drawn animation. Hayao Miyazaki's work is extremely well done in my opinion and it's definitely worth the study for animation students. Studio Ghibli is definitely a nice place to work.

Sirogi: Actually, I don't speak Japanese, only Chinese. Unfortunately, in the last 10 years, I have been Americanized. And I am loosing my ability to speak Chinese fast. My current understanding of Chinese probably falls under 2nd or 3rd grade level. I have no way of studying Chinese or Japanese in community colleges here in Savannah. So for that, I'll have to wait further into the future to relearn it. I am very certain that I can pick up Japanese fairly easy because of my Chinese background. But commencement of both languages are a whole different story for me now... :(

Thirdly, Hollywood doesn't lack tallent, Hollywood lacks style lately.

Naa. In my poinion, what they do is called handicraft.

Solid plagiarism and cheap emotional tricks. I find some of the TV commertials more creative and original than Hollywood movies.

And almost every of those movies reek of patriotism and propaganda.

(I guess for this gift the world has to thank Eisenstain an Stalin. He he. My fellow-country man)

Yack!

I ate my pile of patriotic shit back in USSR and I can smell this kind of

stuff miles away.

So. If I go to see a Hollywoods movie I make shure it's something completely meaningless and has lots of SFX.

You right, Hollywood doesn't lack talent. I take my words back.

I love AlPachino, Travolta an fiew others but they are yesterday of Hollywood. I'm talking about today. When actors ready to do anything, like a cheap prostitute, just to become famous and make lots of money.

Some of them don't. Like Tom Hanks or Nicolas Cage. But only because

their oversized ego doesn't let them do that. And they can afford it.

Dang! I just read what I wrote here. I must be in a bad mood today!

Still. I'm gonna post it anyway.

:blink:

• 2 weeks later...
gotta love the Softimage XSI effects, in that movie:D Alot of it was Softimage and XSI.

Always been a fan of Miyazaki san works, since Momonoke Hime, and even ealier works.

Are you by any chance a Pixar and/or Avid/Softimage employee?

gotta love the Softimage XSI effects, in that movie:D  Alot of it was Softimage and XSI.

Always been a fan of Miyazaki san works, since Momonoke Hime, and even ealier works.

Are you by any chance a Pixar and/or Avid/Softimage employee?

not at all, im your worse nightmare: im a Maya, XSI, and Houdini user :lol::ph34r: I do works for another company.

really love Houdini particles!!

No? And this is pretty cool. I happen to like Lupin III.

wasnt this character design by Miyazaki? not totally sure.

But as for the game itself, graphics look awful for a PS2 game, the ingame content was done totally in LW3D.

;) just because the graphics are awful doesnt mean the gameplay is awful( havent tested it personally, maybe you can someday)