dop import not matching with low res sim

majinpu

Hi there!

I have a simple scene where I have some bullets been  dropped  by an emitter on the ground.

The bullet geo was polyreduced and packed (keeping the option "point location" to "origin" on).

When I create a dop import and select the option "create points to represent object"  and copy the hi poly geo two of my objects are moving.

What I am doing wrong?

Other question: at the beginning I was trying to connect the input of the dop import with my Hi poly geo but it didn't  work... why?

I am attaching a file scene

thank you!

cheers!

Bullet_Emit.hipnc

thanks ranxerox!

btw I it seems that your workaround doesn't solve the issue. the primitive "0" is still missing for the hi poly switch!

you're assigning to the the hi res geo a name attribute from 0 to the number of copies, so that each point with an id number generated by the pop source can match with the name of the transform piece sop... should work, but it seems that there is a kind of weird issue with the first point emitted...

In my example (see attached images) I can clearly see the prim number 0, but using  the dop import the prim number 0 get moved away and I can still see the point without info on it... seems weird ... could be this a bug?

Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 01.10.46.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 01.10.56.png

Edited by majinpu

17 hours ago, majinpu said:

thanks ranxerox!

btw I it seems that your workaround doesn't solve the issue. the primitive "0" is still missing for the hi poly switch!

you're assigning to the the hi res geo a name attribute from 0 to the number of copies, so that each point with an id number generated by the pop source can match with the name of the transform piece sop... should work, but it seems that there is a kind of weird issue with the first point emitted...

In my example (see attached images) I can clearly see the prim number 0, but using  the dop import the prim number 0 get moved away and I can still see the point without info on it... seems weird ... could be this a bug?

Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 01.10.46.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 01.10.56.png

it seems like the names of the pieces emitted are missing 'piece1',  so the names don't line up.  I've attached a possible solution.

-G

Bullet_Emit_v3.hipnc