marque_pierre

image adjustments to textures in /mat

Again I am comparing to Maya's Hypershade, where you have all these nodes for adjusting a texture's HSV (Hue Saturation and Value), levels, gamma, curves, brightness and contrast etc. 

Does Houdini have any equivalents in the /mat context? 

I see all the nodes in /img, but does that mean I will have to leave /mat and adjust my textures in /img or is there a way to keep things inside the /mat context? 

-----

Or is the correct/intended workflow that you work with your textures over in /img and then bring them into your shader via op:img/img1/null1"?

Edited by marque_pierre

i'm pretty sure mantra can do very similar color operations to any other renderer. you already discovered color correction. that's it for exposure, gamma, saturation, contrast, hue. for levels, you've got Fit Range VOP and Fit Range Unclamped VOP. Color Mix VOP obvisouly allows you to mix colors by a bias (or alpha). then you've got Hue Shift VOP for, well, shifting hues. Another thing you can do with colors is Blend Regions VOP (it can supposedly blend colors by threshold. I never used it but might be interesting to explore), Ramp VOP (for creating gradients), and then of course you can use any math operations to adjust colors: Add, Mult, Subtract, Divide, Modulo, you name it. I'm sure I forgot mention a few but this is good to get you started.

cheers. D.

• Like 1