Active Value Group [solved]

evanrudefx

Hey!

I have what seems to be a simple problem. In my file, I have a simple voronoi shatter. I have made a group that I want to set the active value to 0 in the active value node in dops. However, my group doesn't show up in the active value node. How come the pieces show up but not my group? How can I use my group in the set active value node?

Thanks

activevalue.hipnc

Edited by ejr32123

Here is a working version. You should be using rbdpackobject instead. It will be way faster than the old system. Then on the passive grp and promote to points because the active attribute is point attrb. Then in wrangle Im just giving an active to all pieces then just checking for the grp name passive if is equal to 1 to make them non active. There is other way as well to do this, like for example doing in in DOPs inside a Sop Solver. 

activevalue_FIX.hipnc

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sepu said:

Here is a working version. You should be using rbdpackobject instead. It will be way faster than the old system. Then on the passive grp and promote to points because the active attribute is point attrb. Then in wrangle Im just giving an active to all pieces then just checking for the grp name passive if is equal to 1 to make them non active. There is other way as well to do this, like for example doing in in DOPs inside a Sop Solver. 

activevalue_FIX.hipnc

Thanks, that works!! the geometry will be interacting with fluids, thats why I had had fractured object. So, you cannot access a sop group in dops? How can the pieces show and not the group?