WildayHeart

Combining RBDs/Constraints

Hey Guys, 

so i have been getting more and more into Rigids recently after steering clear of them for the longest time. 

Its actually quite cool but i am still taking baby steps and the sims are rather simple. I have been going over the different constraints and i am getting a good feeling for them. 

I wanted to take it a step further and kinda combine/mix these and ran into some problems. 

What i was trying to do was this: 

Copy a bunch of boxes with some distance between them (via copy sop) and have them "connected" via a spring constraint. Now i would also like to try to have the boxes voronoi fractured as well. 

So that i could basically have them swing around with the spring constraint and then be destroyed if the hit a solid object. I hope i am making sense. 

At the moment i am only able to do one of the two - but i would like to combine them.

Could someone guide me how i would need to go about that.

All the best!  

Hey it seems like you are not doing a pre-fracture but rather a dynamic fracture as if you are doing a pre-fracture then it should work by directly feeding it into Dops. Do you have a hip file example I could take a

look at?

Hi Varishtraheja, 

thank you for your message. I cannot send i file right now since i am at work! :D

But i will do one tonight. The thing is basically that i dont know how to apply two constraints to one object. 

So say i have for cubes lined up i would like to have them connected/constrainted to run a springconstraint. But i also want to voronoi each individual cube. 

Really weird to explain it is best to just put together a file i guess :D

Will do so in a few hours! 

So voronoi is not a constraint I dont know if you are getting confused regarding that aspect. Its a method to create pre-fracture geo like the new boolean shatter. But sure once I see your file I will have a better understanding of your problem. Have you tried using only a single geo?

Sorry, you are right.

In this case i shouldve said glue constraint (that holds pre facture together). So what i want to do is have bunch of prefactured "glued" cubes next each other connected with a spring constraint. 

With a single geo i could not have the spring constraint between them.. thats why i would need at least two.

Sorry for the confusion! It sucks that i am not home now! 

EDIT: 

Thanks for the link, Matt! I think i checked your page but i guess i missed something important (as always) 

Edited by WildayHeart

Sorry, i hope double posting is alright! 

Actually the constraints on Matts site are exactly what i had in mind. The only difference would be having the same kind of setup, but with the boxes being able to fracture! :)