Smoke Swirls inside pyro?

I am trying to create a effect like   when superman comes through the smoke it creates the swirls inside smoke as given in the link below, but the problem is i am not getting how to start this kind of effects in pyro.

I am trying, please help me on this.

Superman Saves Lois Lane _ Desert Scene - Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice (2016) Movie Clip - YouTube.mp4

Hello onkardahare,

I would approach this using a velocity volume (the volume velocity node can create nice vortex effect) in SOP at the right location and add it on one frame to DOP when the collision takes places (animating the source velocity value should do the trick).

A more procedural way would be to create a custom field that would be directly be linked to your collider object (move with it or being multiplied depending on the distance from it) so it would affect the rest of the  sim just when needed.

I hope this helps!

Edited by Nebucadnezar

Here, Matt Estela has a source file and nice explanation:
http://www.tokeru.com/cgwiki/index.php?title=HoudiniDops#Pyro_and_collisions

Btw that superman effect is not physically correct ... those two vortices are made by two downward velocity "fields" under two wings. So you will have to fake those two fields:

Eddies/vorticies form because of the conservation of energy, lower pressure air moves  so the denser air moves in to fill the vacuum, so just close the domain boundaries and move an object through it. The smoke solver does the rest.