RBD fractured object orbit force

callebalik

Hi, 

I assume this topic has been covered before but have searched for 1h now.

I have a fracture where i animate the active group to release the pieces. I am trying to create an orbit/radial force to catch the pieces and make them swirl around in a circle.

What would be the best way to create this velocity field and transfer over to the RDB object? I have almost pulled it of but my pieces end up flying all around the place and not staying inside of the vel field.

Thanks in advance!
Cheers

What I have done to achieve this in the past is to place a tall cylindrical collision object around the central mass to keep objects from flying off. They encounter the collision barrier and just bounce or reflect off of it. Set the bounce and or friction low on the collision object.

Then you are free to noise up the vel field as much as you like and the objects will still stay in orbit.

Edited by Atom

2 hours ago, Atom said:

What I have done to achieve this in the past is to place a tall cylindrical collision object around the central mass to keep objects from flying off. They encounter the collision barrier and just bounce or reflect off of it. Set the bounce and or friction low on the collision object.

Then you are free to noise up the vel field as much as you like and the objects will still stay in orbit.

Thanks Atom. Nice approach. Realised now that i accidentally double posted this question. 

The other more active thread is here 

Maybe mods can merge the two threads. Thanks.