slicing a granular solid grains system - how to split the embedded mesh and add inner colour

anthonymcgrath

hey chaps

so pretty simple one... made a ball, applied granular solid from the shelf.

now i have a simple knife tool that drops on it cleaving it in two.

really quick... takes mins to setup in houdini - love it.

So heres my questions...

i have the embedded mesh but when it slices its still one shape - how can i slice it into two?
(the other thing i have is the grains which i converted into vdb then back to polys)

for both/either of these results how can i transfer an inner colour into the geo?  in my naivety i object merged the knife into my vdb then applied attribute transfer to transfer colour - but the colour wont stick as the two halves drop away from the knife.

anyone got any cool ideas?
ta
ant

hmmm thinking about it with regards to the vdb method its not going to work as the poly mesh is differing per frame so its just gonna spaz out everywhere i guess :/

so i guess i'm back to my embedded mesh but no idea how to split that in two - in my network i can see the shelf has essentially setup a pointdeform on the end but doesn't deal with the fact the mesh has cut in two.