vegardaarhus

Audio channel to controll motion from MotionFX.

Hi. Im using Motion FX --> Noise in translate/rotation channel to controll objects. Im wondering how i could controll motion from an audio track? 
in stead of using noise i would like to replace it with an incoming audio track.

Anyone tried this before?

Yes, you can do that. The Envelope CHOP is useful to extract a much lower frequency curve from the volume, while the Pitch CHOP can be used to extract the dominate pitch of the audio. You can use either (or both) to affect the object.

Instead of using noise, substitute a FIle CHOP and load your audio through that. Then use the Envelope or Pitch CHOP to filter it. You will likely need to scale or smooth the channels to get the animation results you're looking for.

• Like 2

I also like to use Trigger to "find" beats above some threshold and generate "new beats" generated by this node's specifications. Another nice chop is Area ... I use it to drive noise's offset. With Area CHOP, the offset then doesn't go forth and back, but goes on and on ... each beat the noise travels a bit ... which is nice. Also Spring, Jiggle (needs three channels, but you can fake it), Delay (creates Echo). I have used few of them here, you can investigate: