Control when attributes get overwritten in DOP's

Hi all!

I'm currently trying to find a way that I can control when an attribute on packedrbdprims coming into DOP's gets written to from the "Overwrite Attribute from SOP" box and when it gets written to from the bullet sim I have set up.

I have a set of packed primitives with rotation animation on them being fed into a bullet simulation, I'm also adding an "active" custom attribute which is being used by a SOP slover in DOP's with a vex wrangle inside it to activate them when the value equals one. What I also want to happen is have the orient attribute on each packedprim update from the existing vaules from SOP's right up until the point when the bullet solver takes over and begins writing to the orient value. I know that I can add orient to the "Overwrite Attribute from SOP" box but what I 'm hoping for is a way to disable this function for each object as they become active rigid bodies, essentially adding to the orient values that exist on that particular frame and continuing with the sims values. Instead of having the sim take the orient values that exist at the first frame or continually updating those values as the packedrigidbodys are influenced by the sim.

I know its poor form but I'm afraid I dont have the project file on hand to upload, sorry guys :S hopefully I can upload it next week if anyone needs to see it.

Any help would be massively appricated!

Many thanks

Hi Cameron

Thanks for the reply! I should have explained in my original post, I'm using cached Alembic animation and extracting the orient value from the packedIntrinsicTransform for use in DOP's and am unable to use the animated Static option. The only way it looks like I'm able to bring the changing orient values from SOP's into my sim is with the Overwrite Attributes box but I'm hoping to find a way to turn this overwriting off per packedobject at the frame each packedobject becomes active.