folding smokesim

tfreitag

hi,

I have to make an ink effect, with solid looking folding plumes. Now I would like to use the idea of Pazuzu(alejandro) to enhance the folding effect of the plumes. Inside my Smokesim (DOP) I would generate an SDF from the density, generate Curvature and use this values to drive divergence field. On high curvature are it would push it inside and low curvature are I would push it outside.

My problem:

How to convert the density to an sdf field inside dops? I found sdf to fog microsolver but not the other way around.

And is this a good way to push the folding effect, with divergence field driven by curvature?

thansk in advance. tom.

Hey Tom, check the gas analysis to extract curvature and other data types.

Btw, you could convert the density using sop solver inside dops, inside the sopsolver just put a dop import. I hope it helps.

Edited by Hickstein

thanks hickstein for your help! 

i tried to use a sop solver together with the smokesolver, but i don't  get it to work. if anybody have an advise how to setup the sop solver in conjunction with smoke solver, would be great. then i could convert the incoming density field to an sdf with vdb convert inside a sop solver per timestep? ...or should I advect the sdf field?

any advises would be great. thanks, tom