Fast Moving Pyro Source Causes Flames to Die

evanrudefx

Hey!

Question about fast moving pyro sources. I included a scene which is similar to my actual scene. I have an object from which I want fire to emit. However, when the object starts to move quickly, the flames practically die until the source comes to a stop again. This seems realistic, like if you move a match really quickly. However, that is not what I want to happen. I still want fire even when the source is moving quickly. What can I do to fix this? Emit more fuel when the source is moving quickly? Should I link velocity to the scale of the fuel source? Is there a better way? Also, turning on fuel advection helps slightly. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

fastpyro.hipnc

Edited by ejr32123

19 minutes ago, fencer said:

Search forum first.

Kinda why I posted : ). I didn't see anything. The only thing I saw that is similar are these two, but they are not my problem. If you found results can you link me? I already tried adding motion blur to my source. Did not help.

Edited by ejr32123
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, bonsak said:

The second post you are linking to has a nice solution with making trails as part of the source.

-b

My real scene(not the attached scene) already has my source with motion trails. Thats not my problem.

edit: To clarify, if instead I use the billowy cloud preset, if works perfectly fine. Smoke is emitted perfectly. The problem seems to be with the combustion. Only have the problem with fire. 

Edited by ejr32123
  • Like 1

I just tried enabling the trail sop so it would calculate velocity and then i animated fuel scale and temp scale on the fluid source from 1 on frame 28, to 5 on frame 37, and then back to 1 on frame 38. At least now the there is more fuel and higher temp from the source to make more flames.

-b 

fastpyro-2.hipnc

avoid using fluid source. My advice for fast moving sources is using points, create attribute fuel, temperature, pscale and trail points to have v attribute.

Then create a sop geo node in dops bellow your pyro object pointing to your points. put default operation to set always. 

then do particle to field nodes for fuel, temperature and vel (you should put attribute v and field name vel).

oh... and in sops use a timeblend to have point interpolation.

This way you have great results and super fast simulations without the need of caching your fluid source.

• Like 3