goldleaf

Fabric Engine no longer being developed

On 10/28/2017 at 4:24 PM, LukeLetellier said:

Since they don't mention anything about why they're no longer developing, I'd say they were bought out. 

I'm going to take a wild guess and mention a company who's first letter starts with A

15 hours ago, CinnamonMetal said:

I'm going to take a wild guess and mention a company who's first letter starts with A

Apple.... ;)

They did so well with Shake.

ooh oooh ooo ... or Adobe ...

Edited by LaidlawFX
  • Haha 1

Strange that there's no press release from the buying party or any other news, though. You'd think they'd want to announce that they've acquired the tech. Given the lack of fanfare I'm leaning towards them simply going out of business.

• Like 2

VC funded software development is dime-a-dozen. Nothing to see here really.

It's possible the buyer isn't going to be selling the software anymore - like a studio. Or there could've been legal trouble or other issues causing them to cease development. Whatever the case I hope the folks involved land on their feet (or in a giant pile of money like Scrooge McDuck).

Wouldn't be the first time something like that happened, didn't the press release for Naiad's acquisition take a while to surface?  
Has A written all over it.

To be honest - anyone use fabric engine? I only read that it very powerful and so on, but i knew only few projects with it. Or maybe i dont know something and a lot of studios use it?

All bets on they got bought; if that isn't the case then they were unorganized and things went sour. There is product and then there is business, product was good; business wasn't stable and so this is the end result. Therefore product turns to dust.

On the other hand; we have Houdini :D

Edited by CinnamonMetal