boolean in loop gives really bad geometry

Baldric

Hello everybody,

I have an issue that is really puzzling me. I want to copy geo onto other geo in a loop to create an effect where the geo continually grows outward. The issue I have is that the boolean, or perhaps it is something in my loop seem to create the boolean, then merge this with the previous geo or something, which gives me more an more primitives on top of each other until the thing explodes or otherwise fails. Not to mention the increase in primitives per iteration in the loop... It is easy to see this if turning on prim numbers in the attached setup. If I look inside the loop things look ok, but as soon as one is looking at the resulting geo the issue is apparent. I really do want this to create a clean geo, since I will be using attributes on the geo for manipulation of the result.

So, can anyone see what I might be doing wrong, or is this a houdini bug, or can it be fixed, and if so, how?

Help is much appriciated!

Thanks,

Doug

copy_issue_v001.hiplc

On 11/1/2017 at 9:59 PM, Baldric said:

Hello everybody,

I have an issue that is really puzzling me. I want to copy geo onto other geo in a loop to create an effect where the geo continually grows outward. The issue I have is that the boolean, or perhaps it is something in my loop seem to create the boolean, then merge this with the previous geo or something, which gives me more an more primitives on top of each other until the thing explodes or otherwise fails. Not to mention the increase in primitives per iteration in the loop... It is easy to see this if turning on prim numbers in the attached setup. If I look inside the loop things look ok, but as soon as one is looking at the resulting geo the issue is apparent. I really do want this to create a clean geo, since I will be using attributes on the geo for manipulation of the result.

So, can anyone see what I might be doing wrong, or is this a houdini bug, or can it be fixed, and if so, how?

Help is much appriciated!

Thanks,

Doug

copy_issue_v001.hiplc

I think you need to switch Gather Method on foreach loop to Feedback Each Iteration.