barad_dur

Adding points to a groups selection in H16

In older versions of Houdini I could add a point to a group's selection. Has that changed in H16 because I can't seem to get it to happen? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

David

Edited by barad_dur

Do you mean add points to a group selection like in the group parameter of a node where you can isolate the effect of the node to just those points? Or are you actually creating a group and need to add points to it?

The second one.

I select some points on a geometry (a head model in this case) and group them in a group sop, name the group and use that group to perform a soft transform. Then I find out I really need to add or change the points in the group to shape the geometry bit differently. It was easy to do in H15 but now . . . I have no idea how to do it.

Are you talking about the tilde "`" key thingy? if that is the case that still work to add or remove pts. Remember to select the grp node then in the view-port press enter then the tilde key, that will disconnect the connection upstream temporarily then add/remove pts, press enter to confirm your selection. 

• Like 1

Oh ok!

You should be able to head to your group sop, and on the very far right of the "Base Group" parameter there's an arrow pointing up. Click it, then shift+select the new points the viewport and hit enter.