VDB Landscape With Train Tracks

Hello, I have a problem that I'm not really even sure how to articulate. I have created a fog volume using VDB from particles and this will be used to create a landscape that looks like snow. I also have a train track made out of basic polygons and the idea is that the tracks are on top of the landscape and where the tracks meet the landscape the volume should flatten out so it looks like the tracks were laid directly on top. I want the landscape to plateau where it meets the tracks.

I have explored converting the volume to a polygon, using an attribute transfer to create color information that can be transferred from the tracks to the landscape, I tried sculpting as well, but I'm coming up against a wall with my houdini knowledge. Does anyone have any ideas? I've attached a scene file. Thank you so much.

tracks_example.hip

Yeah they were. I would love to upgrade to H16 however the OS we're on at the office does not support it so unfortunately I'm stuck on H15 until we can do the OS upgrade or even better switch over to a PC shop. I would've loved to have started this from the beginning with the terrain tools if they were available in 15.