Cracked Ground Geometry

gemini

Hi,

I am working on a collapsing ground scene. On a hillside geometry I create curves for shattering the geometry into organically cracked pieces. It's working.

But when I shatter these pieces again the boolean operator causes a trouble. It says 'Nonmanifold edges in solid'. What I tried: polydoctor sop to check the wrong geometry and repair it. It does not solves the problem. What was working, but maybe not an optimal sollution to convert the shattered geo to vdb and back to poly and shatter then. But it looses it's details in geo.

My question:

1. Is there a way to prepare the geo to avoid nonmanifold error.

2. In a loop of more cracked pieces how can I check the boolean result error to make a correction.

Thanks in advance!

try upping the res a bit....if you make a lot of bool on a lowres geo...it has to 'make up' a lot of things for the new geos...error prone.

While if you start off with reasonably high res geo....the bool/frac would have existing guides already in place to help it 'make up' things as it goes along...

Edited by Noobini