Hey all.

I have an explosion and a volume light. You can see the effect of the volume light on the ground plane. My explosion is being composited and I need this light being created by the explosion to brighten up the ground so that it looks like the second image. What pass do I need to save this light information so I can use it in compositing? Basically, I want a pass of how the volume light affects the ground.

Thanks in advance!

exLight.PNG

exLight2.PNG

Since lights are additive, you can turn off all the lights in your scene, and render only the Volume light, with the "Matte Shading" parameter turned on in the pyro render tab, so you will get a completely dark scene with only the incidence of the Volume light, then you can compose that pass in "add" mode.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Martin47 said:

Since lights are additive, you can turn off all the lights in your scene, and render only the Volume light, with the "Matte Shading" parameter turned on in the pyro render tab, so you will get a completely dark scene with only the incidence of the Volume light, then you can compose that pass in "add" mode.

LOL Now I feel stupid. I forgot to turn off my directional light, so the plane was rendering gray and not black. I was using a luma key in nuke to get rid of the gray ground plane! Thanks : )