Jump to content
nailedit

Houdini smoke stops being affected by forces at one point of the simulation

Recommended Posts

Hi 
So I want to make the smoke fill the spiral tube and I'm pretty close to result I've been aiming for but i've run into a problem I can't seem to resolve. At one point in the simulation smoke stops responding to forces and just follows the tube (attachment). 

My process of making this set up:

1. convert tube to volume

2. attract billowy smoke emitted from sphere to the volume tube (attract fluid)

3. add a curve force (curve was used to make the tube so it is in the middle of the tube)

 

I've tried changing every paramiter I could think of but nothing helped. Anyone has any ideas?

Smoke preview youtube

Smoke_problem_SS.png

Smoke_problem_SS2.png

Smoke_problem.mp4

Edited by nailedit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try disconnecting the Resize from the solver. You don't really need it. The resize is not configured correctly and ends up clipping the results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Atom said:

Try disconnecting the Resize from the solver. You don't really need it. The resize is not configured correctly and ends up clipping the results.

Thanks, but this didn't help either, any other ideas?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It worked for me. Did you rewind and clear the broken/previous cache?

Edited by Atom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Atom said:

It worked for me. Did you rewind and clear the broken/previous cache?

I ran the sim twice, both times problem wasn't fixed :/ weird that it fixed it for you, can I see your file?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you'd think it's the curveforce...but no...disabling it still gets  you the same effect (NO effect after a certain distancce that is)...

It has something to do with the size of your sphere1, ie. uniformsdale to 0.5 and you'll see immediately the NON-effect kicks in SOONER...make it larger and the non-effect will be later....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok, here's my attempts...in pyrosolver>shape>disturbance, I cranked the hell up of everything...

- Cutoff: 10.1

- Control Influence: 10

- control range: 10.05

but only you would know if this has the desired effects....

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Noobini said:

you'd think it's the curveforce...but no...disabling it still gets  you the same effect (NO effect after a certain distancce that is)...

It has something to do with the size of your sphere1, ie. uniformsdale to 0.5 and you'll see immediately the NON-effect kicks in SOONER...make it larger and the non-effect will be later....

I'm caching the scaled sphere sim now, i'll try this after and let you know how did it go, whatever the result, thank you for the help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Changing the Disturbance setting did help, altho the turbulance still isn't there and if I try to tweak those same settings for turbulance(even with lower values), the smoke just goes crazy, I'll try a some more tommorow but right now it's 2am so I guess some sleep would be a nice idea. Once again thanks for all the help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×