constraining a pre-fractured object to the ground

mahdi_d

hi, how can we constraint a pre fractured object WHICH has been glued together to the ground plane ? i mean constraining a constraint? where and how should we make the constraints ? should we scatter some points withing the region bottom to the fractured object ? and do the constraints ? have no idea how constraining between constraints should happen :| thanks a lot .. 

You can pin pieces to the ground using the active attribute. Check my answer and file attachment in this thread: http://forums.odforce.net/topic/32264-wood-like-voronoi-fracture-need-help/?tab=comments#comment-177943

In the file, got to /obj/box/ and look at the set_active node to see how I set active and inactive pieces.

For pinning pieces, I use the 'active' attribute. If active is set to 0, it will remain where it is in the simulation. I made a wrangle to set the active value, anything above the Y threshold will have an active value of 1 and will react to other DOP objects.

Edited by markingleukc
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, markingleukc said:

You can pin pieces to the ground using the active attribute. Check my answer and file attachment in this thread: http://forums.odforce.net/topic/32264-wood-like-voronoi-fracture-need-help/?tab=comments#comment-177943

In the file, got to /obj/box/ and look at the set_active node to see how I set active and inactive pieces.

thank you so much for your answer but it's not what i'm looking for actually .. what i want is to pin the bottom to a animated ground so it must be constraints i think .. i've put together a setup using scatter points on both objects .. my simple building and the ground and then connected them using connectAdjacent.. and i'm working on it right now and seems to have got it to almost work and it follows the animated shaky ground .. but there's still problems in it .. i don't know why the points on the ground begin to be lifted off the ground while the building is moving to the sides .. in spite of increasing the glue strength .. i'll put up a scrreenshot of what is going on .. 

2017-12-28_19-35-56.jpg

Edited by mahdi_d