McNistor

Export multiple OBJs

What options do I have for exporting multiple scene OBJs as one .obj file? Other than exporting them one by one and then import again to merge them in Houdini or another package.

OK, but I wanted to avoid that, because I've got like 50 OBJs in my scene. Is there a way to quickly bring an object_merge node for each OBJ inside a Geo node to use merge?

get a coder to vexify/pythonise my clunky concept...not a coder myself

@jujoje I was about to use the geometry node in the out context and export one by one. Your method has potential... if it worked. Using a file node below your object_merge1 to write a an .bj file produces nothing. Is this working for you?

edit: Hm, something was going on, now it's working. Thanks, @jujoje, you've saved me a lot of time.

That file>export option has to see the light though.

Edited by McNistor

Just throw all your objects into a subnet then use a single Object merge with a wildcard to bring them all into a single object.

/obj/subnet1/*

• Thanks 1

Glad it worked!

TBH it hadn't occurred to me to try using bundles in object merges until I read your question; was pleasantly surprised when it did what I'd hoped it would :D 

1 minute ago, Atom said:

Just throw all your objects into a subnet then use a single Object merge with a wildcard to bring them all into a single object.

/obj/subnet1/*

That's a much simpler way of doing it :) 

6 hours ago, Atom said:

/obj/subnet1/*

believe it or not...I did do this...but wasn't cluey enough (being a non-coder) to use wildcard for merging.....sooooo close....