Velocity Field issue with smoke clustering

violalyu

Hi Houdini friends!

I'm having some issues with getting velocity field to work with volume clustering... I made a simple example file (please see attached) to show this issue, and in my actual scene I've also tested with force and deforming static objects as collision, and both seem to work, but not with velocity field, and this velocity field will work if i turn off instancing on smoke object and fluid source with the same exact set up. Does anyone else had this before or have any idea how this is caused or workarounds? Thank you sooooo much in advance!

Best,

Viola

cluster_velFieldIssue.hipnc

It could be because you have named all your fields the same. You have 10 clusters and they are all named density, not density1, density2 etc.. Try creating your density fields inside a for loop with the loop index appended to the name.

Edited by Atom
  • Like 1

@Atom Hi Atomic, thanks for the reply! However, it seems the density and temperature field already have a suffix with cluster number... their name is density_1, density_2...etc, and it's still doing that though:(

@fencer Hi Paul, thanks for the reply! That works for me now, and learnt some new thing today lol, thank you so much!