EuniceC

Saliva Effect with wire solver

Hi,

I am trying to create some kind of saliva effect from a creature's roar when it opens its mouth, something like this. I researched for quite a bit and understood that this can be done with the wire solver. However, I'm getting stuck at getting the constraints to work!! I created a line and made it wire object. Then, I use glue-wire-to-animation from the shelf tab to constrain the line to my model. I want to constrain the 2 end points of the line to the animated object. I can see the constrain but it is not moving with the animation. I'm not sure what I did wrong and how to fix this. I don't really understand constraint network since it's my first time working with it. Can someone please help? How do I constrain my wire object to an animated object? 

I also thought of scattering points of my model and use the add node to first create the saliva. But what I don't understand is then how do I define so that the points on attach from top to bottom rather than left to right. Any advice on this?

Here is a reference video. What I would like to achieve is something very similar to this at 0.09s. https://www.markinglevfx.com/projects/6477328. Here's another one but the description was too brief that I still don't understand how does it go from wire to pop for dynamic and meshing. 

Thanks,

Eunice

TRex.PNG

On 2/7/2018 at 9:48 PM, Atom said:

Maybe check out the Snot thread.

On 2/8/2018 at 10:38 PM, wacool said:

some with wire

t.hipnc

Thanks Atom and wacool for the guidance! and many thanks to wacool for giving an example files on how to customise something like that. I ended using a mixture of cloth, FEM and wire to achieve what I want. It's a good start for myself.