Radiosity/object Based Lighting

is there a tutorial for creating radiosity type lighting from a point light source or using a constant shaded object as a light source as the help card doesnt have the link, its inactive.

or could someone tell me how i have to set this up? i need to light a room from a single lightsource.

cheers,

Mark

dude - ive just put something together to demo what i mean...im sure it must be what u want.

Load up - and look through the cam.

Fire off a mantra.

The GI light dimmer is set to full - it should render as u want. if u set the GI light dimmer to zero it will not have bounced light

Let me know if im completely wrong here, as i am interested in what u are wanting to achieve.

cheers dude (and get yo'self on msn!)

J

GI_Room.zip

this is to answer your question over the sesi forums about using photons (posting here so can attach).. i don't know about 3dsmax, but it's really not "hard" to do in houdini, it's just that there aren't any tutorials or obvious answers to do it with a few clicks of the mouse.. once you know what goes where, it won't seem so complicated..

hopefully this hip file will help make it a little more clearer:

windowroom.zip

and a pic viewing through cam1.. (to shorten up render times, knock down the sampling quality in the vex gi shader)

post-505-1129235271_thumb.jpg