Vectorfield in DOPS to affect Fluidsim

Syrena

Hello!

I'm trying to get velocity from a sopgeo (simple trail velocity from geo node), into a vectorfield to add custom velocity to a fluid sim. I followed the examples in the fluid solvers masterclass, but I can't get this to work. There's no velocity at all from the sopgeo that influences the vectorfield. Also, I'm not sure if I'm suppose to resize the vectorfield to the same size of the fluidsim which 5x5x5. Been playing with this for a while now and I need help on the basics of how to get this to work.

nodenetwork.jpg

Here is the correction for the file!

The problem was that you were using copy mode in the gas calculate, you need to add this pump to your velocity, but also you need to take care with the substeps, that's why I activated also a linear scale multiply mode for the pump to then scale all by the scene FPS.

I recommend you also that's is better to use ad-hoc fields (temporal data), it has memory advantages just cleaning that field but also the creation time when dealing with heavy data, for this try to use a gas match field instead.

Cheers,

Alejandro

vectorfield_fluidsim.hipnc

Edited by Pazuzu