rod.vfx.td

How to scale linearly with Sop Solver?

Hello guys!

I have a math problem, i need scale circles with sop solver, but i need scales linearly, but for each iteraction (frame) scaling acts exponentially.

i tried use some formulation on transform inside sop solver with “log()” but with no sucess…

what i need is circles scaling equidistantly, so i need some trick to scale linearly. 
and yes, need reside inside a sop solver.

any ideas?

attached a image showing above the problem, and below (manually made) what i need output…

thanks in advance.

SOP_Solver_01.png

Edited by rod.vfx.td

try this ?

LinearRings.hipnc

(note that it could have been easily done with just a polyextrude>inset>divisions....but I guess you have reason to use a solver SOP instead so I tried solver SOP)

Edited by Noobini

2 hours ago, Gorrod said:

maybe try this out

scale_circle.hipnc

thanks, very interesting solution! but how to scale only in x and z? i tried modify your settings, but the result was a cross, not a circle...

scaling in xyz, result incoming geometry (a oscillating waveform circle) turn an sphere... i need only a concentric circles (x and z scaling).

again, thanks in advance! :)

3 hours ago, Noobini said:

try this ?

LinearRings.hipnc

(note that it could have been easily done with just a polyextrude>inset>divisions....but I guess you have reason to use a solver SOP instead so I tried solver SOP)

thanks! but for my user case i can't use polyextrude inset, i really need scale lineraly the incoming geometry... (a oscillating waveform circle) 

I don't exactly know what geometry you're dealing with, but I tried some different ones and also restricted the scaling to only x and z here:

scale_circle_2.hipnc

Edited by Gorrod