spray particles acting weird

evanrudefx

Hi,

In my flip sim, I used the white water shelf tool to add foam, spray, and bubbles to my sim.  The foam and the bubbles are functioning as I would expect, but the spray has strange behavior. It seems to be confused to as to whether or not a particle should be foam or spray. This results in spray particles getting stuck and not moving for a bit. When the particles become spray, they go from white to green. The faulty particles go from white to green, then back to white and back to green. It looks like they pile up against the floor (starting around frame 30), as show in the photo.  I saw that someone had the same problem here: https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/45041/?page=1#post-201381 

The fix the guy posted at the bottom did not work for me. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

foam_tho.JPG

spray.hipnc

Edited by ejr32123

I don't know what kind of look you are going for doing a whitewater setup with a flip sim like this but, if you want to get it working you are gonna have to mess with the Depth and iso surface values under the foam tab of the whitewater solver. The Iso surface value will expand the surface field if you go positive values (something like .05 would probably work in your case).

• Like 1