Sign in to follow this  
neokovago

Texture looping in vex

Hello magicians!

I'm doing a project where I have to loop textures on multiple goes. Basically a sprite randomization with textures, but I can not figure out a way how to loop the texture sequence like padzero does. I have to do it in VOP or vex, since the shader expects a specific filename as a map on the geo. 

Sadly, I can not upload a scene file, but hopefully my problem is understandable. Thanks for reading it. Cheers

Probably have a look at the modulo and sprintf functions/vops

modulo is useful for looping time like: $F % 3 give you 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3.... instead of the straight count.  So in vex just do @Frame%3 or in vop there is a modulo node.

sprintf allows for string formatting kind of C style: sprintf('%04d', @Frame) is like padzero(4, $F) expression.  In vop there's the print node that allows similar string formatting.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jkunz07 said:

Probably have a look at the modulo and sprintf functions/vops

modulo is useful for looping time like: $F % 3 give you 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3.... instead of the straight count.  So in vex just do @Frame%3 or in vop there is a modulo node.

sprintf allows for string formatting kind of C style: sprintf('%04d', @Frame) is like padzero(4, $F) expression.  In vop there's the print node that allows similar string formatting.

thank you! just what i needed. so simple (as always). thanks again!