Win 10 enter power saving though H is rendering or simulating

Pancho

I like the idea of saving power and in case the PC doesn't do anything for a long period, I'm quite happy if it decides to take some time off.

I'm not so happy about my new system entering power saving mode though it is calculating stuff like mad. Wonder why the power saving module doesn't realize that the GPU or CPU is under heavy load. Is there a way to set this up correctly? Never encountered this behaviour before on no other PC of mine.

Cheers
Tom

I'm on win7, but it's a similar problem.

check that the Power plan doesn't shut down the HDD after 2-3 hours....doesn't matter if some render is taking 100% CPU rendering away furiously...it shuts down after 2-3 hours which is downright dangerous...who's the bright spark that thought up this idea ?

So check your Power plan is if there's something similar.

On laptops, do same check for Close Lid, ie. does it inteprete closing the Lid as Shutdown/Sleep ? or something else...

so I don't know what it's like in win10..but check along those lines...the Power Plans...

You are right. I set it up to shut down the HDDs or mainly everything. But that doesn't make any sense, since the computer is still busy. There should be a trigger to go into hybernation and not some strict time plan. Sometimes I have the feeling that it goes into this mode pretty quickly without 2h of waiting since my last input on the PC. No idea who programmed this part, but it's not working properly.

Thanks for yout input!