Reflect other object's shadows

Hello magicians, 

This is my first post here. I am  having an issue with rendering in Houdini using Mantra. I hope you could shed my some light on this. I have been stuck for days. Basically, I have a scene contains 3 spheres, chrome, metal and glass materials and a plane to catch shadow. I'd like to render out the chrome sphere, that has the shadow itself as well as the others two sphere reflections and shadows. I have no success so far in getting the shadows of two remaining sphere reflected on the chrome surface. I would be grateful if you can look into my hip and have some suggestions. Thank you very much. Cheers!

3dComp_v1.hip

chromeball.jpg

Hello Duy. Welcome to the forum. 

Can you explain the pass you are looking for a bit more? I believe you are pretty close to getting what you want though. I see almost ever combination of what you are describing. If you could reduce the stuff in your scene to just the specifically required assets you are looking for. There are a lot of mantra rops, the textures are missing(you can swap for default Houdini textures if need be), etc. So it's hard to give a quick appraisal, and not send you down a long windy road.

Hi LaidlawFX,

Thank you for a warm welcome. I am surprised that you got exactly my first name. Ha ha. Thank you for replying my post.  About the issue, I found out the problem. My light is not strong enough, to cast a clear shadow on the shadow catcher. I also assume the shadow wrong. And all the time, I was looking to create a shadow where it doesn't have to be. Silly me.

Thank you again.