Tools forum

Marc

Hey all

We've noticed an increase of people posting HDA's and other general tools in random forums around the site. To help everyone we thought it would be beneficial to open a forum dedicated to the sharing of these so they can live in one place and be browesable:

http://forums.odforce.net/forum/71-tools-hdas-etc/

Let us know what you think. There is also the option of opening up a commercial tool repository where you can sell HDA's, tutorials etc. Let us know if this is something that you'd like to see.

Thanks
Marc

• Like 5

I should've added a poll to this :). eh well. If there are no major issues with this then I will begin to find all the scattered tool posts and move them into the new forum. If you find any, please message me (or report them) and we'll move them into the correct place.

Thanks
M

Nice addition. 

Would the selling of HDA's be something directly competitive of Orbolt? I do like the idea of having a host for all stuff: selling HDAs, Tutorials, etc. as opposed to just one content type. That is a pretty big investment in the site though.

Maybe? I haven't thought it through that well yet :). It does seem like it's worth investigating though, so I'll look into it a bit more.

M

P.S. Thanks for flagging the posts, I'll move them when I have some time.

3 hours ago, LaidlawFX said:

There are more thread about tools and HDA's in them I've looked at, but with the three letter search issue they are surprisingly hard to rediscover. 

just search for HDA*
(no quotes)

(or .hda)

Edited by Noobini

Hey

I think there's been some confusion, both on my part and therefore everybody else's :). The tools forum would be for people to post HDA's that they want to share with the world, not specifically for tools discussion. However it seems like there's a real need to discuss the creation of these things too. I'll leave the forum as a discussion one, but go back to the drawing board on a 'sharing' forum.

M

2 hours ago, Marc said:

Confusion all around! :). What we have right now is a good thing though, so we'll figure out the other one and go from there.

M

so Tools Forum is for Tools discussion in general

That leaves:

- Tools Repository

- Tools Depot

- HDA Bay (cringe) ?

- Tools Shed (more cringe ) ?

A section of the site that sells content, with proceeds paying for the site overhead wouldn't be bad. Tutorials, HDAs, assets, mentorship, etc. If people want to put up their tools for free it be the same as a repository I suppose, unless you want to do a pure github clone, but that has a lot of server cost for the data being pushed and stored.

To be honest my initial idea was to have it called 'marketplace', possibly with subsections for free, tutorials, HDA's, etc. So something like that is likely what we'll head towards. Likely starting with the free section.

• Like 1