Explosion Rbd with pyro clustering

biyiklielitebey

Hi, i'm working on an explosion scene with pyro that existing from pop trails. but when i simulating my pyro, the area of sim is going bigger so much and killing me. i think there is a way like on that video

is there any way to make multi containers like clustering my rbd explosion as like that for speed up sim?

i attached the hip file that i found on web and learning from it. 

Rbd_Explosion_With_Smoke.hip

Yes you can : you need to go to your Instancing tab in the Smoke Object, and enable Create Objects from Points, and then give the SOP path to your points (which are basically the center of all your future containers). If they are not all going to be used from the start, you can enable "Continuous" just below the Instance Points path, but be careful : it will create a new container at each simulation step, so you need to animate your points so that they are only present at one frame (simulatneaously or at various frames if for example you work on a missile trail), when you want a container to be created on that point. If you dont need that, then keep Continuous disabled and you just give a SOP where your points are all ready.

If each container must have a different size (to match the form of the overall simulation), you can specify size attributes on each points that will be used to override the size of the container on the properties tab of the Smoke Object (please read the Houdini help to find the name of those attributes you need to create, it mus be sizex, sizey etc. but I don't really remember).

You can of course later use a gas resize fluid dynamic node so that you don't sim unnecessary large containers, but be careful if one of them is empty at the start of your sim, because it will quickly shrink : that's why I prefer to use the "Continuous" option and create containers on the fly when I have fuel or smoke wihtin its space. You can of course add some padding around and delay to be more confortable if your fluid moves quickly.

And last but not least, don't forget to specify Max Bounds in the Gas Resize Fluid Dynamic node, by refering to a simple box : indeed, it is useless to have several containers if they all grow to encompass all the sim :-) The idea is to setup everything so that they overlap a little once they are at max bounds, and instance them intelligently to cover all the usefull space...

Good luck !

Edited by StepbyStepVFX
  • Thanks 1

On 17.03.2018 at 8:45 PM, StepbyStepVFX said:

Yes you can : you need to go to your Instancing tab in the Smoke Object, and enable Create Objects from Points, and then give the SOP path to your points (which are basically the center of all your future containers). If they are not all going to be used from the start, you can enable "Continuous" just below the Instance Points path, but be careful : it will create a new container at each simulation step, so you need to animate your points so that they are only present at one frame (simulatneaously or at various frames if for example you work on a missile trail), when you want a container to be created on that point. If you dont need that, then keep Continuous disabled and you just give a SOP where your points are all ready.

If each container must have a different size (to match the form of the overall simulation), you can specify size attributes on each points that will be used to override the size of the container on the properties tab of the Smoke Object (please read the Houdini help to find the name of those attributes you need to create, it mus be sizex, sizey etc. but I don't really remember).

You can of course later use a gas resize fluid dynamic node so that you don't sim unnecessary large containers, but be careful if one of them is empty at the start of your sim, because it will quickly shrink : that's why I prefer to use the "Continuous" option and create containers on the fly when I have fuel or smoke wihtin its space. You can of course add some padding around and delay to be more confortable if your fluid moves quickly.

And last but not least, don't forget to specify Max Bounds in the Gas Resize Fluid Dynamic node, by refering to a simple box : indeed, it is useless to have several containers if they all grow to encompass all the sim :-) The idea is to setup everything so that they overlap a little once they are at max bounds, and instance them intelligently to cover all the usefull space...

Good luck !

Thanks for your detailed reply it's so explanatory. I followed the points but stucked in something. conteiners existed but my gas resize didn't work correctly. You have any suggestion abouth it? i attached the hip file.

ClusterRbd.hip