Collision with animated tree

pdci

Hello,

today I am facing very difficult problem, maybe you could help me in this struggle.

Scenario looks like this:

I received animated tree exported from SpeedTree as an alembic file.
Now in Houdini it looks like wind is moving leaves which is perfect.

The problem is I would like to collide with the leaves with RBD objects which are bouncing around my scene. I would like to keep my “wind” animation on a tree but make the tree responsive to any objects that may collide with it and make it so the leaves would bend on collision. Is it possible ? If so what would be the way to achieve such effect.

Have a nice day and thank you for your input in advance.
P.

Hello, I would do it by blending two streams of geo : first stream your animated Alembic, then on a second stream, I would take the rest position of the Alembic file (or freezing the geo by using a timeshift at frame 1), then using that within my simulation as a cloth object or any other solution you were planning to use.

Finally, you blend the two streams with a Point Wrangle by making for each point an average position of the corresponding point in the two streams (or summing them with appropriate weights on each stream to have your desired result).

Hope that helps.

2 minutes ago, StepbyStepVFX said:

Hello, I would do it by blending two streams of geo : first stream your animated Alembic, then on a second stream, I would take the rest position of the Alembic file (or freezing the geo by using a timeshift at frame 1), then using that within my simulation as a cloth object or any other solution you were planning to use.

Finally, you blend the two streams with a Point Wrangle by making for each point an average position of the corresponding point in the two streams (or summing them with appropriate weights on each stream to have your desired result).

Hope that helps.

Thank you for your advice! I will try my best to use your idea even though it looks little daunting ;) I'll post results if I succeed.