scatter - dop - particles

mmmd

Greetings OD force,

I've been immersing ( enmeshing?!) myself in the particles side of houdini for a few weeks now. 

I've got this ball that uses a metaweight to deteriorate, and hopefully fly away based on sop's in the pop network. 

But at 73-74 all the scatter points reappear around the original sphere shape. 

Please take a look, Ive tried everything and I dont know what is triggering that to happen. It really ruins the effect at scale of millions of particles. 

Best,

Mmmd

DISSOLVE_FLIP_sphere_rdi.hiplc

I had a look at your file at work today and the effect gets messed up when your first particle dies.

if you go into the stick vop and instead of using a bind to set sourceprim and sourceprimuv, use import point attribute.... ptnum > ptnum...1st or 3rd input > file ...and it will work. Don't forget to set your input on the vop. If you can't get it to work I will do it for you when I get home.

cheers

Craig

Edited by craigthailand
Added sourceprimuv

I made a couple of changes to your file to make it more stable .... I changed the sourcing a bit, sample the point position to do the sticking instead of primuv and also made a new age attr so the particles die only when they are released.

cheers

Craig

I had trouble uploading the file so I have a google drive link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fJlzBXb01BQteaZ1K-FlwnZB_o7vjRbr/view 

• Thanks 1