Gi Lighting Problemssssss

ello

houdini is the only package i feel comfortable using (tried loads of others), but when it comes to Global Illumination, its not really as easy as other programs to get nice results. is this mantra being a bit behind or me being a mong ?? erm...don't answer that! :)

ok, i am visualising a room which hasn't been built yet for my dad, so wanted to light it nicely with GI using the Irradience blah blah

this is the best i got so far...(attached...i think :P)

i'm using 5 million photons, GI sample quality is only on 64 just to speed up render, but how do i reduce the colour bleeding?? the walls and ceiling r supposed to be white and the room is modelled to scale so it shouldn't take the colour with it as much as it has. what setting do i change to reduce this?

another thing i got black artifacts in some areas of the render, its where the rays are not hitting any surface and mantra is replaceing it with the background colour, but why is no light not hitting there??

sorry for the essay, hope somebody knows how to fix this

post-885-1130602429_thumb.jpg

Hey

There's a few discussions in the rendering section on getting GI to work nicely in Houdini. Personally I never got it to look quite right, but others have so you may want to dig around in there for some tips.

M

P.S. Moving this to the rendering section...