1st Annual Houdini Hacker Contest

Wolfwood

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

c o n g r a t u l a t i o n to everyone!!!!

i'm starting to download stuffs and i'm prepared to be really impressed.. (well i'm already about images i can see).. but i cant download the Antz stuffs (permission denied).. anything wrong after server reboot?

cheers and congrats again. (to wolfwood as well.. for his great job about taking care on this :))

M

i'm starting to download stuffs and i'm prepared to be really impressed.. (well i'm already about images i can see).. but i cant download the Antz stuffs (permission denied).. anything wrong after server reboot?

Interesting....apparently those file permission actually do mean something.

Its fixed now. (JLait's had the same problem.)

Thank you Wolfwood for making contest. Also every one in the board for helping me out to learn Houdini. This is a great community of very talented ScientArtists.

Congratulations to every one. Ill be checking the entries one by one tonight from home.

I'd like to add my congratulations to everyone as well. Kudos to Frank the Champ! :notworthy:

And I can't thanks Jim enough for holding this contest! Not only for the prizes but also for taking the time to organize and making this contest happen. BTW, I'm still waiting for your random polyextrude scene! That has to be here for completeness. :)

Frustratingly, I can't extract any of the archives on my Windows machine. Normally WinRAR works just fine on gzipped files. Anyone have any idea how to get the goodies?

Love what I can see so far though. Well done to Frank and all the other entries!

Big thanks to Jim for holding the competition. I hope it really does become an annual contest!

(By the way, the White Stripes track is a double of the Chemical Brothers one)

Frustratingly, I can't extract any of the archives on my Windows machine.  Normally WinRAR works just fine on gzipped files.  Anyone have any idea how to get the goodies?

Love what I can see so far though.  Well done to Frank and all the other entries! 

Big thanks to Jim for holding the competition.  I hope it really does become an annual contest!

(By the way, the White Stripes track is a double of the Chemical Brothers one)

24332[/snapback]

The sound sample track is fixed. As for the compression....I just used standard gzip to compress everything.... On some (windows browsers), it will automatically unzip the file during download. So they file that you have on your disk is actually uncompressed but is still named file.hip.gz.... Try just renaming it to file.hip instead.

I agree with Edward, get 7-Zip. It supports damn near everything and its free.

• 3 months later...

Did you guys recieve the book yet?

*sorry, i didnt mean to sound rude, I wondered because I'm in another county I thogth that maybe my mail got screwed up.

Edited by Andz

astonishing!

mindblowing!

overwhelming!

as one of the forum-mates has mentioned not long ago - "The more I learn - the less I seem to know". You, guys, have made it with me once again. Thanks alot! :P

:lol:

P.S. I've just checked out thses brilliant files and material.

• 4 months later...

Err, I'm confused. Is the Houdini Hacker Contest back on again now, for 2006? One of my coworkers said it was, but this is dated Oct/Nov 2005?

[Edit: It sure helps to *read* all the other posts before posting my own. My mistake, I thought I had read all the posts, but I had missed the last page. ]