sirogi

did you know?.....

...that Maya is a neverending source of fun attribute names and error messages?

like this one:

"Error: line 1: connect attribute not allowed; no destination address specified, but destination thinks indexMatters"

or even check the pic for a cool attrib name!

post-13-1035060700.jpg

well...this screenshot was taken in Maya 4.0.something...

but check and see if it's still there in 4.5: pop down any material, and look at its shading group in the connection editor (you also probably should "show>non-keyable/hidden/outputs" to get the attrib....)

Maya's "Connection Editor": one of Alias|Wavefront's PRISMS/Houdini-wannabe implementations

actually, the is historically interesting is...well..interesting!

because I think that's what determines the recook of nodes in the hypergraph.... (just an educated guess....)

it is fun if taken out of context! :)

aaannd...as for what's been said for the connection editor, well, it would be nice if houdini had it!! :) (I'm talking pre-v5) I know there are PLENTY of ways to do it in houdini, but it would be an additional interface upgrade that would ease people into "it"...( if I recall, someone Already did it in tck/tk)

oh well....now that we have drag and drop in 5.x it's not an issue anymore ! ;)

IMHO, I think the real maya's desperate attempt for proceduralism is the hypergraph.....well....oh it's procedural allright ...but it's definitely NOT designed to be used by humans! <_<

because I think that's what determines the recook of nodes in the hypergraph.... (just an educated guess....)

it is fun if taken out of context! :)

aaannd...as for what's been said for the connection editor, well, it would be nice if houdini had it!! :) (I'm talking pre-v5) I know there are PLENTY of ways to do it in houdini, but it would be an additional interface upgrade that would ease people into "it"...( if I recall, someone Already did it in tck/tk)

oh well....now that we have drag and drop in 5.x it's not an issue anymore ! ;)

IMHO, I think the real maya's desperate attempt for proceduralism is the hypergraph.....well....oh it's procedural allright ...but it's definitely NOT designed to be used by humans! <_<

What the hell are you talking about?

I meant to explain the role of the attribute called "isHistoricallyInteresting" in maya...that was highlighted in arctor's post....

then I just said that a connection editor would have been handy in previous versions of houdini....

and then proceeded to bash the hypergraph in maya...

sorry for the confusion, I always assume everybody uses maya too :)

sorry for the confusion, I always assume everybody uses maya too :)

Maya = bleh

maybe we miss some really importend "feature" with this "bogus" (which sounds more like the name of dog ) ;)